Sorry I have been really bad about updating, but a ton has been going on. First off the Dr's are finally taking me serious about Brayden. I have known for a while that there was something not right when it came to his mobility. Pretty much He is almost 18 months and still not getting his balance by himself or walking completely by himself. This last week they have been testing him for earring(everything is good there) Then Yesterday they had me go into a physical therapist to she if it could be anything with the muscles or what not. With in the first 2 minutes the Dr. knew what was going on with him. pretty much my son has whats call Low Muscles Tone. Which means he isn't using the core muscles and in finding other ways to do what he want. like instead of sitting on his knee's he parts them like a w and sitting his rump on the floor. The Dr. Said that it was the most stable way for a child to sit without his need of lower ABS.
It feels so good to know what is going on. Now I just have to work with him daily to get his ABS stronger so he can move around better. And he will be doing physical therapy for a while too. I will keep everyone updated.
14 years ago



11 comments:
its so frustrating when doctors don't think you know what you're talking about... its like.. hello... i'm his mother...i know something isn't right! glad you know whats going on... and you can work with him! good luck! keep us posted!
Well at least you know something.
My husband Aaron had that when he was a baby/toddler. Glad you were finally able to get things figured out.
I'm glad you can help him better now. My friend is dealing with the same thing with her son. His therapist keeps telling her that her son will be walking into kindergarten. It is hard to know when something is wrong sometimes because kids are so different.
I am so happy that you were able to find out whats going on with Brayden! Good Luck with the treatments! I'll keep my little boyfriend in my prayer!
I'm glad they've been able to pin it down, I know how arrogvating it was for you to hear that you don't know what's going on with your own child! I hope you guys are able to work his abs! ;)
Phew! What a load off to know what is going on. Way to go mom for knowing your boy. That also seems kind of scary. You can do it Brayden!
Well I am glad that it is something you are able to "fix" so comforting to know there is something you can do for him to help him. Good Luck with everything!!
Good luck with the physical therapy! It's going to take a lot of patience on your part---but you can do it!!
Post a Comment